Friday, July 09, 2004

Wearing sweatpants in the middle of summer

Ok, so I'm sitting here in my sweatshirt and sweatpants with my blanket wrapped around me...and it's July! Why you ask? Because I'm sick! I don't know how this crept up on me. I mean, I went golfing this morning and all that was wrong was a little bit of a cold (sore throat, stuffy nose). When I got home I wasn't feeling any worse, but around 4:30 when I finished watching Old School (thanks to Jay for getting me that movie for my b-day by the way) I felt like crap. It started just with a bit worse of a cough and feeling just generally crappy, but it progressed into my head feeling like it was on fire and the rest of my body shaking and freezing. So of course I went to bed and got all wrapped up in the covers to take a nap. Problems arose when I had some problems stopping coughing and breathing normal long enough to actually fall asleep. At least now I'm starting to feel slightly better. Hopefully when I wake up I'll be well enough for Soccer and Mike's birthday party (happy birthday to Kevin by the way, and belated happy birthday to Mike). Ok, enough whining for one day, I need to try to actually sleep.

Oh, and apologies for the rant if it was a little overboard this morning. I was still fired up about that and you all know how competitive I can get. At least I managed to keep my cool on the field and not do anything stupid.

Another extra note...poker here at 7 on Sunday...let me know if you're coming.

No comments: