Monday, July 12, 2004

Nothing like the shakes

So I got over the fever I had Friday but kept the cold (read: cough and runny nose) but I managed to shake off sickness for only 48 hours or so. Yesterday after poker I wasn't feeling very good and when I went to bed my body was shaking uncontrollably...probably not a good thing. Anyway, didn't get much sleep even including the nap I took after leaving work early today so I'm going to bed now but first I thought I'd fire off a quick update on the weekend.

I got stuck reffing soccer Saturday morning since we needed someone to ref and of course I was stuck holding the bag as captain. Not that I really minded that much but kind of inconvenient when you were quite sick the night before. So after reffing that game we had our normal Saturday morning game and I was stuck in net again. I think I'm going to end up there on the Saturday team for the rest of the year (which I guess is ok but I'm not very good). At least this time I made some saves and we managed to pull off a 0-0 tie. I credit half of that shutout to Marcel because he saved my ass a couple times. In the afternoon I helped Marcel move across town to Jarett's building and then it was off to Mike's for another birthday party. It was a lot of fun. We barbequed chicken on the roof of his parking garage. Yep, that's right, he has a little park on the top of his building's parkade so you can go have a barbeque there. Good times again. I think we'll have to have a birthday party every Saturday night now, even if there isn't a birthday. Sunday was pretty boring for the most part. Cleaned my room (I can see the floor again) and the balcony and then hosted poker (where I lost again) at night. So that pretty much wraps it up, time for bed...at least the shaking stopped after my nap this afternoon so I should be able to sleep tonight.

No comments: