Friday, July 02, 2004

Warning: Long Post

Well since it's been almost a week since I posted last, I figured I should probably update what's been going on...but first, HAPPY (belated) CANADA DAY!

So last Sunday we (Jay, Anne-Marie, Kayla, and I, and eventually Wei) played some beach volleyball at Mooney's. Stupid wind kept blowing too much but we still managed to have some fun and play for a couple hours. The net held up well, I'm happy with my purchase.

Then as the (short) week cranked into full gear we decided to go to Farenheit 9-11 for cheap Tuesday. Unfortunately, the only good theatre that had it playing was on the far east end of the city (and I live in the west). So while the rest of my friends went for supper before the movie, I went to get my hair cut and go shopping before taking the 40 min bus ride to the movie. And even though I managed to beat everyone else there, the show was already sold out so we were left with a decision. I wasn't travelling across the city and not seeing a movie so we decided to go to the new Tom Hanks movie, The Terminal. One word...AWESOME! Even if you aren't a big Tom Hanks fan (like I am), it still is a very well done (and surprisingly funny) movie. Even Jay enjoyed it (and he's disliked almost all the movies we've gone to lately). So go see The Terminal. Ok, there's my one movie recommendation for June (yes I know it's July now).

On Tuesday I also picked up the new Tragically Hip album (good stuff!) and the Spiderman 2 game for Gamecube. So you can guess how I wasted all of Wednesday after work until late at night. Yesterday (Canada Day) was a blast. We (Jay, Anne-Marie, Ive, Antonio(Ive's little brother), and I) went downtown in the afternoon and despite almost getting caught in the rain, we had a great time. Tony's a pretty funny little guy and it was fun just walking around and seeing street performers and all the people. Then at night a bunch of us had a bit of a picnic down at a park next to the river. We got a fire going and cooked some burgers and hotdogs over the fire before playing and sitting around a bit before the fireworks. And the fireworks didn't disappoint. After heading back to the fire and cooking some more marshmallows and hanging out we finally called it quits. Drinking some last night probably wasn't a good idea since I (and almost nobody else) had to work today. Work is almost completely empty, but that is somewhat a good thing since I can get some more work done. Speaking of work, I should probably get back to it.

Wow this really is a long post.

No comments: