Thursday, July 22, 2004

My weak lips and lungs

So since getting the silent brass and kicking my butt back into playing my trumpet I've realized that I'm really out of shape. Yes the way that you all think, but I'm talking more about my lips and my air capacity. Playing this last week has shown me how much I've let my "skills" slip by not playing much over the last year. I also realized how much I missed playing. Now if I can get my tone back up to an acceptable level and not make myself out of breath playing only one song I'd be a lot happier. All in good time I guess. I should have some time this weekend since everyone seems to be gone away or busy with something else. Besides soccer I really don't have anything planned and it doesn't look like much is going on so I'll probably spend my weekend playing trumpet (and Jay's guitar whilst he's out camping and canoeing) as well as some video games. I should also really get cracking on that internship report...but that's not as much fun so we'll see how much time I make for that.

1 comment:

Canadian Chick said...

Hello there Dave, how are you today. I guess I should have posted this comment on your most recent post, but I like to start a the begining. Anyway. It's good that you are getting back into something that you like. (playing your trumpet). As for the lung compacity thing. I'm sure that you will be able to play a whole song if you practice. Well, take care and I'll read up on some more of your not so wild adventures. If you want to check out my blog, it's at www.recklessrebel@blogspot.com.