Friday, July 09, 2004

Quick rant

Ok, not much time for this one but since I was planning on posting last night but was too worked up to post, I'll do it now. So we had soccer last night at the RA Centre. We were playing a team that we were tied with in the standings and probably should beat. And I think we probably would have...except for the incompetent ref. Now for those who don't really know me, this seems like a normal complaint that comes up after many of hard to take losses, but for those who do know me, I have a pretty good understanding when it comes to officiating sports. I ref hockey, I have the odd bad game, I can empathise if that's all it was. But this guy was incredible. And it wasn't just our team that thought so, the other team totally agreed. Unfortunately at the end it was my team that had more of the bad calls directed towards us. I mean, we had a player given a red card in the first 10 minutes of the game...and he barely touched the guy he tripped. Not to mention the fact that we almost had a brawl in the last 10 min when one of their players headbutted one of our defenders after a textbook slide tackle. But even if he would have made the proper calls for these obvious fouls, it still doesn't explain the fact that he couldn't call a corner kick/goal kick right all night and never knew which way a throw in was going. Even when one of their players kept saying, "No, I kicked it out, it's their corner kick", he still said goal kick. ARRRGG!! Well despite that I managed to play an alright game considering I had to move back to midfield to cover the guy who was given the red card. Oh well, hopefully soccer tomorrow goes better and there's always next week. At least today I'm not working and instead am going golfing. That'll be nice.

No comments: