Sunday, July 18, 2004

Silence is deadly

Well I guess I've got a whole week to update so this could be a little long since it has been a busy week. I'm finally back to feeling normal again, all these strange sicknesses have gone away. I'm left with a bit of a runny nose and cough but that's been getting better too. So I started playing badminton again on Wednesday. Frank and Wei invited me to go with them to Nepean to play. Boy am I rusty. And speaking of rusty, I've started to play my trumpet again. I went out yesterday and bought a Silent Brass (hence the title of this post). For those of you that don't know what that is, it's basically a mute that you put in the end of your trumpet that picks up the sound and mutes it almost completely but outputs into a little gizmo that you can plug earphones into. So it's like shoving a microphone into your instrument while muting it. It's been great so far. I'm way out of practice but with this I'll feel more inclined to practice more since I won't be disturbing anyone.

So this weekend/week has been filled with soccer. I had my regular game Thursday (we lost to the top team in the league, no surprise) plus the game Saturday morning (we lost again but I did manage to stop a penalty kick) but this week I also had to ref the early game Saturday (10:00) and we play again this afternoon. So a soccer filled weekend, at least I'm starting to get in shape. I think I pretty much stuck myself with the keeper position on my Saturday team. I've played the last few weeks as the goalie since no one else wanted to and since I did manage to make a few saves (by some fluke), I'm pretty much stuck there for the rest of the season. Not that it's totally bad, it's just that I like playing striker a lot more. Hopefully I'll be up at striker this afternoon. Speaking of which, I'd better get my gear together and head for the bus soon. Updates should come more often now, especially since the blog hosting service has a bunch of new features I want to try out.

No comments: