Sunday, August 21, 2005

Some Movie and Music Talk

With everything else I've been posting about, I keep forgetting to talk about the movies I've seen lately (and I've seen quite a few). First, a couple of weeks ago I went to see the Dukes of Hazzard. I haven't watched the TV show much but from what I hear and what I know, it was pretty consistent. Not only that but it was a great movie. A little on the stupid comedy side at times (but that's what I like) but it was a really fun movie...go see it if you haven't already.

Next recommendation would have to be Wedding Crashers. Here's the fair warning though...it's all about the dirty jokes and stupid comedy. If you don't like that, don't bother. However if that's your genre then definitely don't miss this one.

The next movie I saw wasn't in theatres and ventures a bit away from the kind of movies I had been watching but was still an amazing movie...Sin City. Again from what I hear it is very dedicated to the graphic novels it is based on. It's a little bit of a screwed up movie but the cinematography is phenomenal.

Finally we arrive at the best movie I've seen in a while. I definitely laughed harder and longer than I have in a long time. Of course I'm talking about another "stupid" comedy (notice a trend here)...The 40 Year Old Virgin. Dan and I laughed so hard that we both almost peed our pants. The number of one liners that come out of this movie will blow your mind. If you like sex jokes and would like to shut your brain off and laugh for a couple hours, go watch this movie.

Ok, when you've finished going to see these movies, get in the car and pop in the new Trews album, Den of Thieves. Of course you have to go buy it first (and don't just download it, help support a good Canadian band). It only costs $9.99 at HMV so just go make the best $10 music purchase you'll make this year...it's worth it.

That's all for now...I have to get back to lying outside in the hammock under the clear blue sky and reading the Da Vinci Code.

No comments: