Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Hockey in August?

Yep, that's what I thought when I was asked last week to help with the local Junior A hockey team's training camp. I never thought I'd be reffing hockey in August (well with perhaps the exception of some summer league hockey) but here I am already 2 "games" into the season. The Saints' camp is this week so I've been in Spruce Grove both yesterday morning and this afternoon and back on the ice. It was a little wierd yesterday but today was much better...just like riding a bike. But boy am I out of shape. Luckily the players weren't into top gear until today (and even then it was relatively infrequent) so I could keep up pretty well. We even had a couple of good scraps and the camp seems to be going well from all accounts. Anyway, I'm going to finish setting up my second computer here and then get some sleep...I need it after all that skating.

No comments: