Monday, August 08, 2005

NHL is back: part 2...the free agent frenzy

Originally written August 2...

Let the mayhem begin!! The first two days of free agent signings are pretty much over and look at all the action. I'm going giddy just with how many articles there are to read and how lively the forums I read are. It's kind of too bad that the Oilers traded away Isbister, I actually liked him quite a bit, but I guess he's not producing enough for his salary level so we'll just have to find another big guy to fill in his shoes. I have to admit I was a little surprised to hear that Nieuwendyk and Roberts went to Florida but I guess they just want to set up their retirement homes in the sun a little early. The team I would be most worried about right now though is Philly. They all of a sudden have a solid core of defense and if they improve they're forward situation a bit after buying out Amonte and LeClair, they will be a force to be reckoned with.

I'm a little concerned with Calgary getting Amonte and McCarty...those may be vetern players but I still think they have a few good years left in them and if Calgary resigns Iginla then there will be some good battles of Alberta to come. I'm just waiting for the Oilers to jump in and get into the action. Let's get Messier back!

No comments: