Tuesday, August 17, 2004

My vacation summary: Part 4

Ok, so it's been quite some time that I've been back so I'd better finish up this summary for those that care...

Sunday we moved across the river to a cousin's cottage where my parents would be staying for the rest of their trip (which is almost over now). This cottage is constantly under renovation but it is a pretty nice place and we're just grateful for someplace free to stay. Sunday evening I got a chance to see my Uncle Cam and Aunt Roxanne along with my little cousin (who is now getting big) Quincy.

Monday just flew by since we just went into Charlottetown and met my Aunt Nancy for lunch as well as met up with Cam, Roxanne, and Quincy again, this time with Quincy's sister Lisa joining the gang this time. Boy have my cousins grown up a bunch since I've seen them last. I guess that's what happens when you're away as long as I was. Monday afternoon we went to Brackley beach for another fun, yet relaxing time at the beach with my cousin Rachel. I forgot how well we seem to get along with so little time getting reaquainted. After a quick supper with Rachel and her boyfriend Brad, my dad and I had to run back to Montague to golf Dundarave while my mom went grocery shopping. Dundarave is definitely not my favorite course but it's still pretty nice and though my game didn't go so well I wouldn't mind trying it again when I have time to prepare for the round. After the round of golf we headed back to Jock and Gwen's and Amy and I had a bonfire on the beach with a few of her friends. Good times and fun with fire.

Tuesday was spent visiting random people and kind of wrapping up the vacation...boy did it just fly by. Tuesday night we went to see one of the plays Nancy was putting on at the Kings Playhouse in Georgetown. This may be the last time "A Nightengale Sang" ever shows so I count myself fortunate to have seen it again. It's a show basically guided by newspaper articles and headlines from World War II and the songs that came from WWII. My older cousins Pam and Christie were in it along with Nancy's roommate and production partner Pam. I forgot how musically talented (at least some of) my family is. Pam and Christie have just amazing voices. So that was kind of the final wrap on my visits. There are a few people that I wish I would have seen but for the most part I got to see who I needed to see and wanted to see and hopefully it won't be so long again before I go "home".

No comments: