Thursday, August 26, 2004

The end of one chapter...the beginning of another

Well, today is my last day in Ottawa, I leave early tomorrow morning for Edmonton. I've had a lot of great times here and I've met a lot of great people, some who I'm sure are now friends for life. It's a very bittersweet departure for me. I love my new life here and it's hard to leave, especially leaving some people behind. But at the same time I'm excited to go back home and see all my friends back there and get back to school. Only two more semesters and I'm done so it's kind of exciting that way. It'll also be good to live with Dan again. He and I (who have been best friends since we were born) get along so well together that it's actually easier to live with him than on my own I think, at least it's better anyway. I can't wait to see our new place. Dan's mom aparently said it looks good so it can't be too bad :). Well, for those in Ottawa, this is only see you later, not goodbye. For those in Alberta, I'm coming home, see you there. For those elsewhere, I'll be by your way again sometime in the near future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the Palmer here...just found out about your blog so spent the last little while reading it (hey, I work for gov't!). Interesting stuff and am anticipating your adventures back in Alberta!

Dave said...

Ah, government "work" how I miss it already. Keep in touch Palmer.