Tuesday, August 10, 2004

My vacation summary: Part 3

See, told you it would be soon...

So the first morning we woke up and had breakfast at my uncle and aunt's house. Oh, I forgot to tell the story of their house. It's actually on their old cottage lot and it wasn't built there. They bought it from where it was in Montague and moved it (yep, the whole house) to the cottage lot where they now live. I guess it was quite the spectacle seeing an old house up on a trailer going down the highway. Anyway, they fixed it up really well and built on a little addition and the place looks great. So back to breakfast...mmm, strawberries. After breakfast we went down to the river and since it was high tide we ran back up the bank to the house and grabbed our swimming stuff and went for a dip...THAT'S REFRESHING! So the river is a little cold. At least there wasn't too many jellyfish to watch out for and the seaweed wasn't that bad either. Later that afternoon we went out to Panmure Island beach for a swim and just to play at the beach with my cousin and her two daughters. They've both grown up so much since I saw them last. That day was also my dad's birthday so we went out for supper at Doc Johnson's in Montague and then Amy (my cousin) and I went into town (Charlottetown) with her boyfriend to meet up with her older sister Rachel and her boyfriend. We went out to Dooly's for pool and then East Side Mario's for half price appetizers...mmm. Then it was back to Rachel's for a movie and then back to Montague at 3:00 am. Good thing I got home so early so that I didn't have any problems getting up for golf at Brudenell at 7:00 the next morning .

So my dad and I played Brudenell which in my opinion is the best course on the island and near the top in Canada. It was in such amazing shape and is such a beautiful course that even going +13 on the first 4 holes barely phased me. Luckily I only went +10 on the rest of the course so I managed to salvage it to a normal round out of a really bad start. The rest of the Saturday was spent around the house and visiting with some more relatives until the evening. Saturday night we went out on a relative's fishing boat for a little trip down and then back up the river. It was nice to get out on the water again but unfortunately that's the only time I got out on the water since my uncle's sailboat wasn't in the water yet. Now I think that's a crime against nature (to have a sailboat and not have it in the water) but he is really busy and it will take some time to get it prepared to sail so it's understandable, just unfortunate.

I'll finish up the rest of my vacation story tomorrow hopefully.

No comments: