Friday, January 14, 2005

Losing faith in humanity

Ok, it's time for me to bitch...I'm losing faith in the general kindness or even civility of humanity. At the beginning of last week (I don't remember the exact day), Dan had his stereo in his Jeep smashed in after some stupid thief couldn't get the stereo out to steal it. Luckily he didn't have anything else of value in the Jeep for the thief to take but still, smashing a stereo right outside of our friggin' door just because you're frustrated because it's welded into the console...come on. That only started the lack of faith, I believed it was an isolated incident. Tonight, sometime while I was playing poker, some idiot stole my extension cord in the parking lot that was plugging my car in. Now it's the heart of winter and one of the coldest nights of the year but come on, stealing an extension cord, that's low and stupid. It wasn't even a very good extension cord (one end had the outer plastic stripped away near the plug part). So I've lost faith in humanity just a little at a time. I understand this is a pretty trivial matter but I'd like to think that things right outside of our apartment are a little safer than that. Guess that might just be the small town boy inside me talking and the optomist that people are generally civil.

No comments: