Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Ok, so it's been a week

And what a busy week it was. I just wasn't home a whole lot. All weekend I was in Stony Plain at my ref clinic getting recertified. It was a good clinic with lots of hockey discussion and old war stories about what's happened to who in past hockey games. When I wasn't at the clinic I ended up going out to play some pool on Saturday and then was reffing after making my parents supper on Sunday. Pool was good to get back to for the simple fact that I hadn't really played since winning the tournament. A little rusty but I felt it all coming back by the end of the night.

Last week Dan and I also hosted our first poker night. We're playing again this week and though I'd like this to become a weekly event, we'll have to take it week by week. I also heard some good news on Wednesday. My friend Matt popped the question to his longtime girlfriend Karla and of course she said yes. They've been together for just over three years now (one week over that is) and I couldn't be happier for them. All the best to both of them in the future. Well, besides all the school work, that's all the excitement in my life right now. I'm off to bed because I have a feeling the only way I'll get anything done tomorrow is to go into the university nice and early and work there.

No comments: