Saturday, October 23, 2004

Boy school sucks...sometimes

Well right now I have a love-hate relationship with school. First let's deal with the hate, or maybe just dislike. It involves one of my computing classes (yep, I'm going into bitch mode here so if you don't like it when I do this skip to the next paragraph). The prof is just stupid. He doesn't prepare his slides properly, they're full of mistakes and examples that are done wrong; he puts at least a quarter of the class to sleep every day (including myself); and he gives these freaking hard assignments for these concepts that I'll never use again. Why am I taking this class you ask, because I have to to graduate. That's it, no practical real world application of all this stuff. And the worst thing is that everyone (including the department) knows it and will admit it but never change it. So I'm sitting here right now working on this useless assignment and besides having a hard time, realize that I'll still be doing this all week because I have a midterm in this class on Thursday. Ok, I'm done bitching about that class now.

So besides that one class my other classes are pretty good and I'm generally enjoying my last *fingers crossed* fall semester (of this degree anyway). And as much as some of the people in my department (computing science) bug me, in general the people at university are awesome and I love hanging out there. Just yesterday I ran into a guy that I met in the summer before first year at a summer orientation event. We've never had a class together (he's an engineer) and we don't regularily hang out. In fact I haven't seen or talked to him in almost two years now. But yesterday I ran into him and we started talking like old friends and catching up on everything. THAT is the main reason I love the U...the people. That alone put me in a good mood for the rest of the day.

Well, I guess I'd better get back to my stupid assignment which probably won't get done by the deadline tomorrow but I may as well try to get as much done as possible. If someone sees me banging my head in the next few days, you now know the most likely reason.

No comments: