Sunday, June 13, 2004

Another weekend over

Well it's pretty clear that I shouldn't worry too much about updating regularily since only two people even reading my last post/question. I enjoy posting every day or couple of days but if I'm pretty much the only one that reads my own posts then there isn't much point in posting that often is there.

Well this weekend went by pretty quick considering nothing really happened. Had a poker night last night and soccer yesterday morning but the rest of the weekend was either spent studying (so much fun for a weekend) or sitting playing video games or watching TV by myself. Oh, I bought a volleyball net last week so at least soon I'll hopefully get out to enjoy the nice weather more, that is if I can drag anyone out to play with me (it's kind of hard to play volleyball by yourself or with only one other person). Well hopefully everyone had a more eventful weekend than me (hard to get much more lackluster).

"I don't wanna lose my thoughts
Thinking 'bout the alley and the van
Must have been the season's sudden end
Sliding down the dirty road again
Thiking 'bout the rhythms and the band"
- Eric Eggleston Band from Good Neighbour

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What were you expecting? Thousands of hits a day? Very few people spend as much time on their computer as you do.

Dave said...

I didn't necessarily expect comments, after all, not much to comment on really. I'd just like to know how all my friends and family are doing. I don't really care how I find out (e-mail, phone, morse code, etc.) it's just nice to stay in touch with people and I just don't feel very in touch with most people right now.

Anonymous said...

I can't speak for anyone but me, but I'm sure everyone is extremely busy. Don't forget that you were the only one who got this year off. We all worked our butts off for 8 months, and this is our chance to (a) unwind, and (b) make some money. No one in the group is a priority, much less the person who is across the country.

Dave said...

True, but how long does it really take to write a three or four sentence e-mail every so often. I know I'm guilty of the same thing but I figured at least since school is done for the summer that I might at least hear from someone (besides you Adam :)). Anyway, I promise I won't gripe about it any more but it still would be nice to hear from people once and a while and I'll try to do the same.

Anonymous said...

Lots of people are busier during the summer than they are during the school year....multiple jobs, sports, sleep, and all those errands and jobs that should have been done during the year but were put off until the summer due to a lack of time. Just from talking to people around me, we DON'T have time to write a 4 sentence e-mail, or a one-sentence e-mail, or anything. And I don't believe you when you say you'll never complain about this again.