Sunday, November 05, 2006

"What do you mean the lift could break?"

So as you all are no doubt aware, I'm doing my training to become a member of the Canadian Ski Patrol. One of the parts of the qualification (and requalification) is to do a lift evacuation. This basically means getting people down from the chair lift if it ever breaks down (rare, but it can, and does, happen). So in the interest of getting everyone properly qualified, you take turns being evacuated and doing the evacuating (those with dirty minds can stop now). Well, I'm not especially great with heights normally (though a chair lift doesn't usually bother me anyway), but getting me off of a chair lift anywhere but at the top would have been next to impossible...before today that is. It's actually kind of fun. Now the only problem was I did some uncontrolled spinning on the way down and add that to my queasy sick stomach and lightheadedness from being sick this week and it's a little less fun. Anyway, it all ended up okay and we did have a pretty good time. Already looking forward to requalifying in two years time...or doing it for real in the dead of winter (because everyone knows the lift would never break down when it's nice and sunny and warm out).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave! I just wanted to say hi, howzit goin', and thanks for visiting my site. Glad to see you're playing some games!

I'll try to come your way more and read your posts. At least you post quite frequently...unlike SOMEONE we know. :D