Thursday, October 26, 2006

Dave The Public Servant

So as most people know I've been working for the government for the last 9 months (at Statistics Canada where I did my internship) on a one year contract. Many of you also know that I was in a "competition" (aka recruitment program) to make that a permanent position with my classification changing to the CS (computer system) stream. Well, I finally got word about the results and I passed!! So as of whenever HR actually gets the contracts done up to be signed, I'll be a permanent public servant. While this actually doesn't mean a change in my job since I'm already doing the work of a CS-02 and I'm only starting at the CS-01 classification, it does mean a raise and most importantly, permanency. I'll probably talk more about it when I know some more details but suffice to say, right now, I'm a very happy camper. And soon I'll be a better paid happy camper with a permanent position for as long as I want (until retirement or until I get fed up with the red tape). Yay!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey D!
Congratulations! Now just get a position in Alberta, and you know who'll be even happier for you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to David from Grandma and Grandpa!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Well done. Now you can come to Alberta in 5yrs for the next census!