Friday, May 01, 2009

Did you miss me? I'm back!!

I've decided to foray back into the world of blogging. Not for any specific reason but I feel that this might be a good time to start posting again. I won't go into too much detail into what is going on in my life right now but suffice to say, I'm still as busy as ever. Here are some highlights right now (which will likely be expanded in following posts):

  • I just bought a new car...YAY! It's a brand new 2009 Chevy Malibu. I know, I know, some people are worried about domestic cars (especially with the current economy) but I like the car and it seems to fit me well. I believe that Chevy will be around through the current crisis and even if not, there are enough Malibus around that there shouldn't be a problem getting it serviced.
  • My active lifestyle has been hampered of late due to a completely torn ACL in my left knee. This has been at times depressing but mostly just annoying and I miss playing sports and being active. It happened back in October but at first the doctors only thought it was an MCL sprain. After an MRI in March (yep, I had to wait that long), I found out the MCL was healed but the ACL had also torn but the doctor couldn't tell due to the MCL sprain and swelling. Long story short(er), I'm going to have reconstructive surgery. Of course the wait list for that is fairly long so it likely won't happen until the fall (probably September). Looks like it'll be a long summer. At least once I get my brace I can do some light physical activity and for now I don't have any pain or discomfort walking around or anything.
  • I recently moved to a condo that I'm renting in the west end of Ottawa. It's fairly big and comes with an indoor parking spot and a large storage locker. The building is very nice and has many amenities. If anyone from out of town (or even in Ottawa) wants to visit, there's plenty of space to stretch out the futon :)
Well that's about it for now. I'm going to get back to jamming away on the guitar for a bit. Great way to spend a Friday night. I might even get back to finishing some of the songs I've been writing. Keep an eye out for future posts, I should be back at it again soon, maybe with some pictures of the new car.

-Dave

No comments: