Saturday, May 16, 2009

Back to the mountains

So I decided to head back to Alberta for the May long weekend to visit my family (parents in Devon and grandparents in Jasper). I didn't really realize it but I haven't been back in Jasper for over two years. It's amazing how much I miss the mountains. The fresh air, the bright blue sky (when it's not covered in clouds), and the majesty of the huge lumps of rock thrust into the sky and capped with snow. Quite breathtaking. I'll throw up some pictures later but for now I'm heading back outside to work in the garden and maybe go for a hike. Hope everyone has a good long weekend.

1 comment:

Mom said...

It was so great to have you "home"! The time flew by so quickly, but at least you'll have lots of pictures and memories to look back on. Love you!