Monday, April 16, 2007

Friends don't let friends do crackbook

Crackbook (or Facebook as it's more commonly known) is invading my social circles. I had recieved so many tagged photos and invitations to join that I pretty much had to see what all the fuss was about. I'll admit it's pretty adictive but I believe it'll still just be a passing fad. Nevertheless, I'm signed up so you can find me there but I can't promise I'll pay too much attention to it. It will definitely not replace my blog but it may be the only place I put photos up for now (with the exception of the odd one here; it's not like I post many now anyway). Anyway, that's my latest online excursion so why not make it a link of the week: www.facebook.com

So I've been pretty crazy busy. So busy that I totally forgot to write last Thursday. Anyway, the week in a few points:
- Hockey playoffs have started (YAY!!) so I'm watching as much as I can in what little spare time I have. I'm in a few drafts/pools including one that I'm running at work (1st so far).
- Volleyball playoffs started for one of my teams last week (after a bye week for both teams). We won of course and play in the B-final this week and I play in the A-tier semi-final as well this week.
- It was my last poker night at the old place (of course it's not really the old place until I move on Saturday).
- Which brings me to: I'm moving on Saturday so I'm panicking to prepare for that.
- The ski season is officially over now with our sunset party happening last Saturday night (see my facebook album for pictures). A good time was had by all.
- Curling is also over due to summer (though you couldn't tell from the weather we're having). We unfortunately lost a close game for the league championship and lost 8-7 with a miss on the last rock...sucky, but still fun.
- Finally, work; crazy busy and it looks like there may be some overtime in the next few weeks (I know, crazy for a government worker but we need to get some testing done and it's just not working). I don't know where I'll find the time but if it needs to get done, I'll be there. I've also started a new term of French classes (Bloc 4). Hopefully I continue to improve my speaking skills because that's what I need to work on the most. Maybe I'll post in French once just for practice and to change it up a little.

See, I told you I was busy. Now there's other news (like about vacation plans, etc) but I'll save that for a mid-week post or Thursday's update. Have a good week everyone.

No comments: