Thursday, March 23, 2006

Legs of Jelly

Boy it feels good to play competitive volleyball again! Not that the Statscan league isn't good, it's challenging in its own way and is a whole lot of fun but the team I subbed for tonight, wow. It's the competitive division of OSSC (Ottawa wide sports and rec organization) and we played one of the top teams (the team I played on is a basement dweller in the division but still pretty good). It was fast, hard hitting and I played pretty good for someone who hasn't played at that level for a couple years. And of course since I can jump (somewhat less than what I used to be able to do but still better than most) I was stuck playing middle, a position my short stature is not built for. But I had some huge blocks on some 6'2" guys and a couple of major kills. Plus I played some pretty good defense and dug up some huge hits (some luck was involved in this). Anyway, my legs are killing me and we only played 3 games but they were intense and I loved it.

That all being said, I'm headed for bed. At least tomorrow is Friday.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Stoked to hear about the volleyball game. Competitive volleyball is always awesome (recalling my days in div 1 rec at UofA). Hope you can get in a tonne of games at the top level, either by subbing or joining the good teams. Take it easy.