Thursday, March 09, 2006

I'm a procrastinator

Yeah, yeah, it's been a few weeks since I posted. And despite my best efforts to start a post, I always end up saving the draft of it and putting it aside to finish it later. Well it's later, and I don't feel like finishing those posts. Some about the olympics, others about the NHL trade deadline (about to hit in 15 min by the way which is why I'm on the net right now at work), others about random thoughts.

Here's a summary of the olympics first:

Canada did extremely well. Despite the many 4th place finishes that could have been medals had the athletes had that extra little push or training (I blame some of this on lack of amature athlete funding) we still managed to finish with the best medal total at an olympics ever (for Canada). This is also in spite of the men's hockey team not medalling (don't get me started, it still is a sore spot with me). Much of this total comes from Cindy Klaussen. Amazing athlete and my vote for Canadian athlete of the year...not to mention athlete of the games. Ok, so there's my olympic wrap minus the rant that I have let defuse.

Summary of the NHL and the trade deadline:

As I write this post the last few trades will trickle in so pardon me if I interrupt myself with an update. So far there hasn't been any really huge trades with the possible exception of Theodore for Aebischer. It's still been incredibly exciting for me and I love watching the rumor sites and message board discussions over possible trades. Next will come the analysis of what happened (or didn't happen) and that part is almost as fun. As for my Oilers...we lost possibly our best goalie (Morrison) to Ottawa on waivers but gained an even better one in Roloson coming back in a trade with Minnisota. I was a little unsure of Rollie the Goalie at first but I think it'll prove to be a good trade. Hopefully he's the answer to the goaltending problems in Edmonton and the Oilers go deep in the playoffs (or all the way to the cup if we're lucky). I'll probably end up writing more about hockey in the next couple days but again, we'll see.

Summary of my life right now in general:

Good. Not super fantabulous or anything but everything is going well. I've been getting some exercise playing badminton and volleyball, I'm still enjoying pool (and am back to helping run the league), and am getting more and more comfortable in my new place. I still need a couch and TV though. The one snag that has hit is that I need a smaller couch or at least a couch that can fit through my smaller front door. This could be a problem but one that I'm going to have to work around. Work is going well and I'm starting to get a lot of stuff to do. Not all of it is glamorous and exciting (to some of you my job is never that) but it's a living and I enjoy the people I work with and most of what I do.

Anyway, that's the update as it stands right now. Hopefully I'll write again soon.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Still waiting on the rest of the thoughts from the trade deadline, and maybe now you've got more 3 games in...Not that I think those games will be a good indicator of the result of the trades (I hope not!)...but still.