Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Dave has an apartment

Well, it's official now, I have a place to live. I signed the lease yesterday so I guess I'm stuck for a year anyway. The place seems quite nice and I can't say enough about the view (I'll post pictures eventually). Now all I need is furniture...and dishes...and food...and everything else you normally need in a living space. That'll all start tomorrow, and probably continue on for about a year or so until I'm finally settled and then decide to move again. Just the way this type of thing works. At least I'll have my "Ralph Bucks" to help me pay for furniture and the like (if you don't know what Ralph Bucks are or can't figure it out, you probably don't know much about Alberta but I'd be happy to explain it later if you don't get it).

On the job front things are starting to pick up quite a bit. I have a few things on the go right now. Nothing urgent yet but stuff that needs to get done and as of this afternoon, things that are frustrating. Not that most of you would understand the problem (it's a computer database thing), but suffice to say that the company that makes the database software could have made a few things a little more easy to track down. Guess I'll just have to figure out some way to get around it, that's what makes the job interesting.

No comments: