Sunday, February 12, 2006

Hooked up

I have internet! I have cable! It's all ready to go. So far I'm pretty impressed with the Rogers digital cable and the high speed here. We'll see when I start to test the download speeds and when there are Oilers games on the timeshifted channels but hopefully everything keeps up with expectations. So those that have been missing me on messenger (probably isn't too many of you), I'm back hooked up and will most likely be spending more time in front of the computer again...so drop me a line.

On another note, the Olympics have started and I'm already filling up my time with TV coverage. Congratulations to Jennifer Heil on winning the gold in Women's Moguls! A great competition for a great Alberta girl. Let's hope the rest of the Canadian Olympic Team can keep up the roll. Anyway, I'm going to get back to cleaning and watching sports. Go Canada!

1 comment:

Adam said...

Hey Becker,

You’re getting a lot more Olympics than I am, I’m guessing. These people don’t know anything about winter, to them it means highs of 14-20 and lows of 7-12. And people are wearing scarves heavy jackets and scarves. But there is a bit of coverage on the German channel on satellite.

Nice to get your comments and know that someone is following. I caught up your blog and I’m glad to hear how things are coming together for you. It’s still a big switch, don’t downplay it! I’m excited for the new experience it’ll provide. And don’t lose the opportunity to use it to your and others’ enlightenment, like I said in one of my posts (“Your potential” or something like that).

Congrats on the job…I know it was hard on you but it’s harder here. People here would have extremely low hopes of finding the StatsCan equivalent job, and would be thrilled to get the BestBuy equivalent job, after some time searching, no less.

So best of luck, wishes and blessings. I’ll probably be sending out a group email soon here with some supplementary details and new info. Take it easy.

Adam

P.S. how do you add links to the whole blog like you have (e.x. Maroon 5, Jay's blog)

P.P.S. Is it possible to convert WMA into MP3 using Windows Media Player (or any other free app, for that case, and if so which program and how)?

Thanks and pece