Friday, April 15, 2005

I'M DONE!!

Well, my last class is done and I've spent my time in the beer gardens (not as much as I want mind you, since I have to finish my paper). Just walking around today has had a strange feeling to it. I've spent the last 5, well 4 not including the year in Ottawa, at the U of A and it feels kind of bitter sweet to be done. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to be done, I don't know if I could take another year right now, but it's also kind of sad. I'm going to miss the people I've met and the general atmosphere at the university. I really enjoy just hanging around campus and I'll miss the student life as hectic as it can be sometimes. These last five years have been totally crazy and I've seen my life (and myself) change a thousand times. From my time with Kathryn and learning about the world outside of the little town of Devon, Alberta, to spending over a year in Ottawa working at a real job and growing up a little, I feel like I've come a long way. I guess I have (if this is getting a little corny I apologize but I'm feeling nostalgic right now). So to all of those that have entered my life and those that have stood by me in the last few years, I thank you. I am proud and happy with who I have become and I have all of you to thank for that. I can only hope that I continue to learn and grow as I venture out into the real world.

Now, does anyone have a job for me so I actually can venture out into the real world or am I going to be stuck in Devon all summer golfing and looking for work?

No comments: