Wednesday, March 23, 2005

The Incredible(s)...flying pucks

Well the weekend was pretty uneventful...just the normal ref 3 games (4 including Monday night) and get pelted with pucks. Yep, I took a beating on Saturday night in my Midget game. Got hit in both legs and the elbow in addition to the two falls (which hurt my tailbone and my other elbow). I'm starting to recover now but there is one doosie of a bruise on my right leg. At least I have some function of my right elbow/forearm/wrist again (I know the joke you're thinking about Jay and it's already been made a few times).

On a less painful note (unless you count the funny bone), there's a few recommendations I must make. Tonight Dan and I watched The Incredibles. What an awesome and fun movie...go rent it, or just buy it, definitely a must see. News flash: The Daily Show with Jon Stewart is absolutely side-splittingly hilarious show. I lost track of the times I was rolling around on the floor or the couch laughing. Comedy central at midnight (for those in the mountain time zone, the rest of you figure out when yourselves). For those that like punk or punk like music, definitely check out The Used if you haven't done so already (thanks Jay). Most of their songs are growing on me like the fungus that was growing in our fridge before we cleaned it out.

And speaking of cleaning, Dan and I are going to attempt (again) to try to maintain some semblance of order to our apartment for our last couple months here. Wish us luck, I'll let you know if it works.

No comments: