Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Golden Bears are Golden!

What a rush! I just got home from the CIS University Cup final(the national university championships) where the U of A Golden Bears beat the U of S Huskies in a 4-3 overtime thriller. Granted the Bears didn't wake up until the third period but once they did business definitely picked up. With an exciting last minute goal the Bears managed to tie it up and send it to the extra period. The whole place went nuts! I even got a beer shower complements of the guy who was jumping up and down behind me. Then, with good end to end pressure both ways, the overtime ended with Thomson firing in a rebound for the championship goal. What a great end to the season!

Well, I guess that pretty much does it for hockey for another season. The university hockey is done, reffing is done, and if the Roadrunners don't get their act together they'll be done pretty quick too because they'll be out of the playoff picture. And with the weather warming up and the snow melting, I'm looking longingly at my beach volleyball net in the corner...it's only a matter of time now...

No comments: