Sunday, September 05, 2004

New place and Orientation training

So I've been really busy these past few days. Aside from moving into my new place and trying to finish my internship report, I've been doing Orientation training for the last two days. First, about the new place. It's actually not that bad of an apartment. It's very spacious and the location isn't bad (less than two blocks from West Edmonton Mall). We have a corner basement apartment which means our patio/balcony door leads right out onto the grass outside. This will make it a lot easier to come in and out and means we can have a BBQ *YAY*. I'm still trying to get all my stuff settled and unpacked but I've been so busy with other things that it's been pretty hard.

One of these other things is Orientation training. For those that don't know what the heck I'm talking about, Orientation is the program run at the University of Alberta for first year students to learn about the University. It runs the two days before classes start but the Orientation volunteers (like me) have to go in for two days of training before that. Yes, this means I lose my last long weekend of the summer but it's worth it. We had tons of fun at training this year but I am already burnt out. I know somehow I'll find energy for the next two days (plus the three after that for week of welcome) but hopefully I'll have a good group of kids and I can feed off of that.

Well, I'd better get back to finishing up my internship report (yep, it's still not done) and then get some sleep. It's going to be a long, fun filled day tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your life is so hard. Baby jesus cries for you.