Friday, September 10, 2004

First week back

Well, the first week back at school is drawing to a close and boy am I burnt out. I really thought that it would calm down a bit once I got moved in and school started but I couldn't have been more wrong. Between my internship report, cleaning the already messy apartment (and still unpacking), volunteering at the university, and trying to find some social time to see friends, I'm as busy as ever.

Orientation was a blast. My group of kids weren't the most energetic but a few of them stuck through to the end and they helped make it lots of fun along with the fact that I had an awesome TF (Team Facilitator) and a great group of OLs (Orientation Leaders) that I was with. I'm also volunteering for Week of Welcome (WOW) and trying to get out to those events. I went to the Sloan concert last night which was pretty cool because it was in a relatively small venue. It's too bad the opening bands weren't that great but Sloan still rocked. I'm going to the football game tonight where hopefully the Eskimos will be able to repeat their performance of the Labour Day game. Too bad it's going to be frickin' freezing but the crowd in College Corner will keep us warm.

I'm off to my one class for the day and then back to the Student's Union building to volunteer some more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha... Dave you're such a nerd... all your volunteering and school things... lol
I love you.
Kayla

Anonymous said...

see Dave? Now what did I tell you? You PEI folk are way too close. :)

guess who