Thursday, March 15, 2007

Squashed

Well, I've been bitten by the squash bug again. Mike and I went and played last night at the courts in Anne-Marie's apartment building. The courts are a little short but since I haven't played in over a year, I didn't notice much. It didn't take too long for me to get back into it either. I even gave Mike (who plays pretty much every week) a run for his money and won a set 2-1 (best of 3 games). He still ran me pretty good though and I was thoroughly tired last night. I also got a bit of a shin splint (cramp in the shin/ankle) but only in my left leg. Wierd. Anyway, I'm definitely back into the raquet sport stuff. I can't wait to play again and to start playing tennis again too. Spring is just around the corner. I think the ski season is almost done since most of the snow disappeared (at least in the city) this week with the warm temperatures and little bit of rain we had on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Quick last point: won another $40 at poker tonight, but it was mostly due to luck rather than really good play. It seems that we've attracted a few new bodies to the poker circle so hopefully we can have a week with a big enough turnout for a tournament soon. And hopefully my luck carries over to the Super 7 lotto tomorrow (I have a couple free tickets from last week when I bought a ticket on a whim).

No comments: