Thursday, February 22, 2007

Dean's Visit and Call of Duty

So Dean came out for a week as I mentioned before. It was again good to have someone from home come out and see my "new" life in the capital. He got to visit family here and see some of the sights, including skating on the canal and the rest of the stuff you would typically look at in downtown Ottawa. I got to hang out with a good friend for a week and have someone to watch and advise me on my reffing stuff (because the supervisions done on me this year have been useless). We both got to play some poker, drink, and eat out a lot, and play some Wii; good times were had by all. Most importantly, we got to see the Oilers play the Sens. It was a lot of fun going to the game and there were a ton of Oiler fans at ScotiaBank Place. Too bad the Oilers lost but at least they pulled out a 3rd period comeback and got one point from the shootout loss. It's going to be a tough home stretch for the Oilers but I have faith they can still make the playoffs.

Now that Dean is gone, I can play my Wii again without worrying about him wanting to play Zelda. I rented Call of Duty tonight (because I don't feel like cleaning up)...boy is that ever an addictive game. I just want to keep playing it. It's basically a WWII first person shooter but it's pretty fun and the graphics aren't bad. Maybe it's just because I haven't played any good FPSs in a while but I'm really enjoying it. Well, back to fight one more battle and then head to bed.

No comments: