Monday, January 29, 2007

Let the regular updates...begin

Okay, so I'm going to try this for a while. Updates on Mondays and Thursdays...even if it's just a short post, or a link of the week posting, or just a weather report or a sports update. We'll see how long I can keep that up. Onto my first Monday update...

Today I started my first rotation of three as a recruit at Statistics Canada. Though I've already been working there for over a year and I officially got my CS-01 classification just before Christmas, the first official rotational position started today. These rotations are 8 month terms in different divisions within the department so you get exposure to different styles of management and different aspects of Stats Can. I'm of course starting in the division that I did my internship in and brought me back for the last year, Tax Data. I like the people I work with and I don't mind the work I do. It's been a pretty good environment to work in. That being said, it'll also be good to get out in 8 months and see a new position where I should learn new things and meet new people.

Well, that's it for work. Not much other than the normal schedule going on outside work right now...except for that I finished Zelda for Wii. Wow, what a game. I think I might just start over and do it from the beginning again...after I find all the extra stuff I missed before I went through the final dungeon/castle. So much fun and such a good story. It sucks you in and has such deep content and such a vast world that you can just run around doing small tasks and spend hours without getting bored. Well, I'm off to bed now that Hyrule (the kingdom in the game) is safe again...for now.

1 comment:

Kunker said...

Ambitious update sched...I wish you the best of luck. I can't manage more than once a month it seems. Anywho, congrats on beating Zelda, and on starting your rotation. Now you're set for the next 30 years ;)