Sunday, December 10, 2006

Let the ski season begin

Well, yesterday was technically the first day on the hill for me this year, but today was better. Yesterday was our ski test and the recruit draft at Camp Fortune so we got to ski a little bit but it was pretty lame since only the bunny hill was open (and then one other run later in the day but I didn't really stick around and only got a couple more real runs in after lunch). After the testing was done, the patrol leaders from the zone drafted all of the recruits to each hill. I ended up at Mont Cascades with Ali and France. So today was my first day there. Even though there is only one run open there as well and we spent most of the day doing more orientation/on hill training type stuff, it was a lot better because the run is a lot better than Fortune and it was a lot more fun. The people at my hill are all pretty good so far and it should be a good season. Too bad my legs are like jelly right now...and I wasn't even on skis all day, just for a little while. It's also too bad that I am sick right now and really tired and burnt out. So much in fact that I think I'll save the rest of this weekend's events for an update tomorrow instead of finishing it now. I think I'm going to bed...g'nite.

No comments: