Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Happy Birthday Mom

Today was my mom's birthday so Happy Birthday and many happy returns to the day. I attempted a cake but had a little problem stacking it so it's a little crooked. That also made icing it real fun. The other problem I had was that the icing just kept getting soaked into the top of the cake (it's one of those fluffy pudding cake mixes) and so for a while it looked like a moldy sponge. I had to make extra icing to cover the top after it was done soaking in a bunch. So, not the best looking cake but it sure tastes good and that's what matters right?

On a totally different note, I have an interview at a place called Deloitte this afternoon in Edmonton. I'm not going to hold my breath on getting the job (though I sure would like it) but the experience will be good and it's nice to finally know that at least one company thinks I can write a cover letter and resume and fit into some job description. Well, wish me luck.

No comments: