Thursday, June 09, 2005

David Beck: BSc, Specialization in Computing Science...

...with a Business Minor and Industrial Internship. Or at least that's what my diploma reads!! I got my degree today!

The day started out with a Faculty of Science Convocation Breakfast at the Shaw Conference centre where we had some speeches, breakfast (obviously), and a few awards were handed out. My friend Adam (who also was valedictorian of my high school grad class) got the Dean's Gold Medal for Specialization in Science. Congrats Adam! I also got to see and talk to Jim Hoover, the professor I was a TA for in the last semester so that was good as well.

After some pictures at the Shaw after breakfast, we headed to the mall to get me some new dress shoes. We then drove back to the university to pick up my "graduate apparel" and get ready for the afternoon's festivities. I also picked up a frame for my diploma and ordered a grad ring (thanks Mom and Dad!). The ceremony was pretty long and at times a little bit boring but there were some good people around me to talk to and it was good to see some people that I haven't seen for a while.

When all the pomp and circumstance was finished, we went outside for some more pictures and eventually made our way to Joey Tomatoe's Mediterranean Grill. It was delicious. After a long and tiring day we finally got back home just before 10:00, 14 hours after we left home in the morning.

I just want to thank everyone who helped me through my university studies, and helped me get to university in the first place. All the support and help I received means a lot to me. Thank you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS DAVID!!!
We're very proud of you! Job well done!
Mom & Dad