Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Back to the ice, back to the court

As you all know, I do a crazy amount of activities, sports or otherwise. Well, it's that transition time again. Changing from the ultimate field and the beach volleyball courts back into the gyms for volleyball and the ice for curling and reffing hockey. I've had a bit of a crazy transition this year because of all the fall ultimate I've been involved in but it's been fun. And even though I've been a bit sore and at times, actually injured, it's been worth it. I love sports too much to quit anything and it's been really hard for me to make the decision to cut ultimate from the winter activities list. I've just decided that volleyball twice a week, pool on Mondays, curling Sunday evening, reffing whenever I'm free, and soon ski patrol on the weekends is enough to keep me quite occupied.

There really isn't a point to this post, just to let those that care know what I'm up to since I haven't had much to post about lately. I'd rant about my job and so on but really there's no point; for the next 8 months it will be just that: a job. Something to toil away at during the day and a way to pay the bills. It won't probably be a source of much joy or fun in the next 8 months but I'll work through it and move on. For now I'll take more joy out of my social life (maybe I'll even get lucky and the position of girlfriend could be filled...okay, that's a little unlikely) and enjoy all the sports.

1 comment:

Kunker said...

Unlikely? Guy, with all the events your attending, you'd think that you would be meeting new gals all the time. Just need a little more confidence.